We are delighted to offer our children an inspiring, broad and balanced curriculum, which builds on prior learning and reflects children’s interests. We aim to make the children independent, ambitious and appreciative. We take every opportunity to use the local area, such as visiting local attractions and using local people to support the curriculum.
Through our curriculum we ensure that our children:
- learn skills for learning and life
- are fluent in the application of English, maths and computing
- are able to use opportunities to direct their own learning
- have experiences that enhance their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- understand the DfE five elements of British Values
Teaching teams work together to create exciting learning opportunities for the children. Each theme starts with a launch to engage the children in their learning and ends with a landing, a time to bring all the new learning together and share it with peers and parents.
Click on the links below to access the long term plans for the different areas in school. Further information on what children are covering each term is also available on the learning letters, sent out every half term.
For Nursery and Reception visit our EYFS Page
Our plans are underpinned by a series of documents showing a progression of the skills and knowledge taught and we are currently developing vocabulary banks for each subject too.
Do visit our Assessment page for further information.