Children can join Trinity Academy Richmond from the term after they become two into nursery or at any stage in their school career.

We welcome parents and carers to visit our school to see the school in action, please contact the school office to make an appointment. We have clear transition arrangements in place so that your child’s start to school is a happy one.

Admission applications for Reception and mid-year transfers are made to North Yorkshire County Council who then allocate places and advise school and parents. Further information, including how to apply for school places, can be found from the Council website. To access the website, please follow this link or call the team directly on 01609 533679. Our school Admission policy can be found here.

Nursery (2-4 year olds)

The term after children turn two, they can attend our Foundation Stage One class (Nursery). All children are entitled to 15 hours free early years provision per week and we offer morning places (8:50am – 11:50am) and afternoon places (12:10pm – 3:10pm) or you can choose full day provision (8:50am – 3:10pm). Children can also attend full days from 8am till 5:30pm with the facilities of breakfast club and wrap around care. Additional sessions can be purchased.  We also offer the 30 hours Entitlement for those parents who are eligible.  For children staying all day, school meals can be purchased at an additional cost of £2.20. Admission to Nursery is dealt with by school staff, please contact the school office for further information on how to apply and to discuss your requirements further.

Reception (4 – 5 year old)

All of our new starters begin school in the September following their fourth birthday. Open events are held during the Autumn Term to allow parents to experience the school and ask questions, individual visits are also warmly welcome. To support with the transition into school, children allocated a place are invited for a number of ‘stay and play’ sessions during the Summer Term, both with and without parents.  Admissions to Reception need to be made through North Yorkshire County Council.