Our vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium is that ALL pupils will leave primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
It is expected that Trinity Academy Richmond will use the funding to see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
It is important to emphasise that the focus of spending must lead to long lasting impact against the vision that will live on well beyond the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding. Improvements should enhance, rather than maintain existing provision. Here at Trinity Academy Richmond, we use the funding to employ specialist coaches, these are deployed alongside class teachers rather than displacing them, in order for their impact to be sustainable and to enable the upskilling of existing teachers.
This academic year, 2021-22, we have been allocated £17,370.
You can read about the impact of our Sports Premium spending here: