External support for parents

Special Educational Needs Information and Advice for Parents

The Parent Partnership Service is available to provide impartial information and advice to parents/carers whose child has special educational needs (SEN) or learning difficulties/disabilities (LDD).

Who are the Parent Partnership Co-ordinators (PPCs) ?

The team of Parent Partnership Co-ordinators (PPCs) all have professional qualifications and are experienced in special educational needs.

They can:

  • Listen to your concerns and worries
  • Give you information about special educational needs
  • Offer home visits
  • Provide telephone advice
  • Support you in meetings
  • Go with you and your child to visit schools or enhanced provisions
  • Give you information abot the SEN Mediation Service
  • Provide information about the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal (SENDIST)
  • Put you in touch with a Voluntary Organisation or Parent Support Group

Contact details:

If you would like to contact your local PPC please see below:

North: Northallerton & Richmondshire)

Jane Clark, Tel: 01609 536198


For more information about the Parent Partnership Service please visit:


For general enquiries

Tel: 0845 0349469

Email: parentpartnership@northyorks.gov.uk

Or Contact Helen Forshaw

Senior Parent Partnership Co-ordinator on (01609) 534472


The Parents Partnership Service is funded by North Yorkshire County Council in accordance with the SEN Code of Practice which can be found at: www.teachernet.gov.uk

Stay home – Protect the NHS – Save lives

During lockdown, we are only open to the children of critical workers and those who are vulnerable. Please only use this service if absolutely necessary. If at all possible, children should be safe at home.