Special Educational Needs Information and Advice for Parents
The Parent Partnership Service is available to provide impartial information and advice to parents/carers whose child has special educational needs (SEN) or learning difficulties/disabilities (LDD).
Who are the Parent Partnership Co-ordinators (PPCs) ?
The team of Parent Partnership Co-ordinators (PPCs) all have professional qualifications and are experienced in special educational needs.
- Listen to your concerns and worries
- Give you information about special educational needs
- Offer home visits
- Provide telephone advice
- Support you in meetings
- Go with you and your child to visit schools or enhanced provisions
- Give you information abot the SEN Mediation Service
- Provide information about the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal (SENDIST)
- Put you in touch with a Voluntary Organisation or Parent Support Group
If you would like to contact your local PPC please see below:
North: Northallerton & Richmondshire)
Jane Clark, Tel: 01609 536198
For more information about the Parent Partnership Service please visit:
For general enquiries
Tel: 0845 0349469
Or Contact Helen Forshaw
Senior Parent Partnership Co-ordinator on (01609) 534472
The Parents Partnership Service is funded by North Yorkshire County Council in accordance with the SEN Code of Practice which can be found at: www.teachernet.gov.uk