Our Curriculum is led by our Deputy Head Teacher – Miss Hodges.
Curriculum Intent Statement
Dream, Believe, Achieve
At Trinity Academy Richmond, the curriculum we offer is rooted in our core Christian values of: Respect, Perseverance and Trust and underpinned by our three curriculum drivers: Possibilities, Curiosity and Wellbeing.
Our curriculum has been developed to be ambitious and coherently planned and sequenced, giving the opportunity for children to build connections within their learning. It’s relevant to our school and its locality and enhanced by a rich programme of memorable learning experiences. Our core aims are to provide a curriculum that inspires and nurtures each unique individual to be confident and achieve their full potential, providing them with the knowledge, skills and cultural capital they need to succeed in life.
Our curriculum implementation:
Our intended curriculum provides pupils with rich, deep, learning experiences to develop their skills of empathy, independence and resilience and make sense of the world in its interconnected glory. Learning is stimulating, accessible and meaningful, based on pupils’ concrete experiences and prior knowledge to ensure they have a high success rate. Teaching is designed to help pupils to remember long term the content they have been taught and to integrate new knowledge into larger ideas. Staff clearly understand pupil’s needs in order to adapt their teaching in the most effective, dynamic way, meaning that the enacted curriculum fits the needs of our pupils. Through the, ‘I do, We do, You do’ approach and the development of pupils’ metacognitive knowledge to improve independent thinking skills, pupils become confident, self-assured, critical thinkers. Mental health and well-being is a right of way for all pupils at Trinity Academy Richmond; it is given high priority. Personal development and relationships shape our approach to learning to ensure that our pupils are happy, emotionally intelligent global citizens who know themselves and their place in the world as unique individuals. We assess our pupils diligently so we know where we need to take them next; we know our children and their families exceptionally well.
The impact of our curriculum:
Our curriculum ensures that our children develop detailed knowledge and skills across the curriculum and, as a result, achieve their potential as:
- Pupils have a love of reading and read widely and often, with fluency and comprehension appropriate to their age.
- They enjoy the challenge of maths and are able to apply mathematical knowledge, concepts and procedures appropriately for their age.
- Behaviour is excellent. Pupils’ personal development is a strength and is evident in the way that pupils contribute to the life of school and how they interact with each other and the world around them.
- Our pupils understand and express their emotions well and handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically and take responsibility for their learning and actions.
- Pupils develop into confident, attentive, independent learners ready for the next stage in their education. Our pupils are continually growing as empathetic, independent and emotionally intelligent learners and citizens.