Trinity Academy Richmond’s MFL Curriculum intends to develop and foster a love and interest in other languages and cultures.
Our chosen language is French. We follow the Rigolo programme of study, which includes a range of resources and uses a native French speaker through the virtual online teacher.
Our curriculum provides progression in the three pillars of language: phonics, vocabulary and grammar and we provide pupils with the knowledge needed in all four areas of attainment: listening, speaking, reading, writing.
Our pupils will:
- Develop an understanding, appreciation and respect for different cultures
- Develop language learning skills and foster a positive attitude to language learning
- Understand and respond to spoken and written language
- Speak with increasing confidence, fluency, continually improving the accuracy of their pronunciation and intonation
- Begin to write at varying lengths, for different purposes and audiences, using the variety of grammatical structures that they have learnt
- Learn about career opportunities and travel experience which will be enhanced by the knowledge of a different language