At Trinity Academy Richmond we value Physical Education as an important part of all children’s entitlement that engages, inspires and challenges pupils whilst acquiring, developing and refining their skills and techniques. We aim for pupils to further their knowledge and understanding of PE concepts and principles and develop their overall competence, to enjoy, and excel in, a broad range of sports and physical activities.
We understand the impact physical activity has on pupils general health, fitness and mental wellbeing. We provide opportunities for all children to be physically active for sustained periods of time and we teach children the importance of leading healthy, active lives and making informed and appropriate lifestyle choices.
We use Complete PE to support the implementation of our curriculum.
At Trinity Academy Richmond, we provide opportunities for all children to engage in extra-curricular activities afterschool, in addition to regular competitive sporting events through the Richmondshire offer.
Our pupils will:
- Develop the understanding of self-discipline, ownership and responsibility of their own health and fitness
- Understand about the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle through regular exercise and a broad, balanced diet
- Participate safely and effectively in a broad range of physical activities and sports
- Be given the opportunity to participate in sports at a competitive level
- Learn about career opportunities that involve Physical Education
We were awarded the Bronze award by School Games 2022/2023
You can visit the use of our Sports Premium here.